Film shooting in the neighborhood and residents


Outside of my camera scope there are 50+ people working.

Picture above is from the filming scene in the subdivision we live in, on the way to kids school bus stop. You see a car with smoke, I guess this is a car crash scene. A few minutes after this picture, we watched a rehearsal that lasted just about 5 seconds. Our 5-yr old AK couldn't hold saying "Is that it?", then many staff looked back at him frantically first, then after finding the voice was coming out of a small kid all shrugged off and "phew it's just rehearsal". Embarrassed, I had to leave the site immediately.

Filming or construction or anything else, I find seeing the actual work site to be fascinating, since I was a kid, and I still do now as a parent. Hope my kids find something unique out of it.

Then, this time of the filming comes with lots of backlash among many neighbors. There are many many vehicles and equipment parked on the street near the site, for more than a month. Some homes are letting the crew use their front yards, garages (*1). Some times cars blocking street so passing through a usual path takes twice (or more) as long. Some neighbors pointed out unsafe driving too. Also many residents on the subdivision's unofficial Facebook channel complains about the lack of transparency about the deal Home Owner's Association (HOA) made with the filming organizers.

*1...I heard there was a meeting between the film project organizers and the residents so some residents might have signed agreement to do so? Just a speculation.

Personally I found some of the inconvenience is a necessity in exchange for the positives. As I mentioned above I find it exciting to have filming happening locally. But, there seems to be many who find the situation beyond tolerable. I also definitely don't condone the safety concern if that's true, and lack of transparency esp. we know there's financial compensation HOA received is not easilly acceptable. In a nutshell there has been too less opportunities for communication for the residents with HOA and the film organizers (at least that's how I see).

Knowing the state of Georgia is promoting filming (georgia.org) and once again I personally find the filming scene fun to watch (pity for those workers who have to work and wait for sooo long on site though). I hope industry is aware that not every filming is welcomed open arm, and make the future filming process smoother. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New era: farewell to double-stroller (2019/01 - 2023/12)

Intl. split is over, back to normal

Review 2022 family health events